Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Together, We Make a Family

I guess this blog will just kind of tell our story starting from when we became "we."
Garen and I met for the very first time playing football in Egan Lake, summer 2007. Chrissy Geisler (now Roylance) took me out there and I knew no one, but I do remember some cute boy ripped his swim trunks down the back. HA... As you may have guessed, I later found out from Garen himself that he was the cute boy! Summer 2008 I saw Garen walking down the hall at church. He has a brother who looks alot like him and I saw both (I still don't know which one I saw first) and was determined to date one of them. Eventually I made a dumb comment while trying to bear my testimony in Sacrament meeting and then EVERYONE knew who I was. I dated a different guy for a couple months and according to my roommates (our apt was kind of buddies with theirs), Garen was just waiting for that to be over, and the second it was he asked me out. We played raquetball and ate a DQ in what we now call "our romantic corner" booth...... That was the beginning and eventually came the awkward time when Garen told me he loved me... and I said nothing back. Don't worry, I told him the same thing the next week. Garen is a Chicken and I finally brought up the "M" word myself in about March 2009, so the proposal wasn't much of a suprise but it was super cute and personal anyway. He left yellow roses and a little note at the gym where I was working and then met me at my favorite swingset in town to propose, and afterward we ate in our romantic corner at Dairy Queen........... 10 short weeks later we got married and now here we are. We have been married 8 and a half months, have been graduated for 3 months, and have a baby due in less than 5! Wow. Time flies.

1 comment:

  1. I tried to add pictures to this post but my computer is obviously challenged so... maybe later.

    ReplyDelete