Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Drumroll Please...............

The Doctor says we're going with 85% sure it's a girl. He saw nothing that looks anything at all like boy parts but she was really squirmy so we'll check again in 8 weeks to make sure she hasn't grown anything... 85% sounds good to me and I witnessed it. No parts! Ha. So far what we have for names is either Lainee or Alyse (don't know about middle names but I'm sorta thinking Morgan 'cause it's my Grandma's maiden name, or McKenna 'cause it's Garen's mom's maiden name...). Lainee comes from my middle name, Elaine which is a family name and Alyse is just a name that we like:). So anyway that's the big news. We are both super pumped! I can't say the same for any of our brothers who all responded to my text with "darn it", "dad gummit", and "ew" but they're gonna have to love her anyway!

Other updates on what we've been up to for the week:
  • -Last Wednesday we both had the afternoon off so we did a session at the temple and also got to do some sealings which was really awesome. Then we came home and made lasagna... Next time I'm using a different recipe because I tried a "no boil" recipe and my noodles never got completely soft.

  • -Made more banana bread. Scrumpteous and I think I'll start doing it like every week!
  • -I ran a mile on Friday and again Saturday after my sleepover with Garen's sister Kelsey and her friend Shelby, which I must say was a pretty fun time with the girlies.
  • -Saturday night we went on what is usually a $40 or more date for only $20 because Garen has a sweet coupon card dealy. Pitas and Movies with popcorns and large drinks. Love it.
  • -Sunday we got to sub the CTR 5 primary class in our new ward and had a blast getting to go to sharing time and all that fun jazz. Then after church before heading to Rigby for dinner we walked over to our old apartments and rode our bikes home and then around the park a couple times.
  • -Made Chicken Enchiladas for dinner yesterday because that's Garen's favorite meal that I make. Mmm.
  • -Monday night I felt/saw the baby move for the first time. I think I felt her before but I was never sure if that was what I was feeling but this time I could see it! Garen saw it too and it was soo cool!
  • -TODAY I found out I am expecting a little girl!

5 comments:

  1. KATIE!!! We totally have to be blog buddies now! I am so excited you are doing a blog so we can keep up with each other better. You are such a cute little pregnant person, im jealous. I also can't believe we are having babies SO close together. That's going to be so fun to see them both grow up! Check out our blog if you get a chance... www.thelovingers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the names. Although....I think Carolyn would be a pretty sweet name too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats cous!! I'm so glad I know about your blog now - it makes keeping in touch a lot easier (so maybe next time something huge happens in your life I won't be 4 months late in knowing about it!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie! So happy that kylie shared your blog address. :) You are one super cute prego woman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello?!?!?! are you trying to hide from us? sorry, impossible! :)

    congrats! we are so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete