We got to spend most of general conference weekend with Garen's family.
It's always nice that they live so close and we can enjoy these things with them.

These men are so cool, because they're just men, but
they are wise beyond measure and always in tune with the spirit.
Once again this general conference felt like many of the talks were
given especially for me.
Recently, there have been some things I've been struggling to understand
about what the Lord has planned for me and my family,
but of course, alot of the things I heard in general conference helped
me to be comforted and to be patient.
I love that this happens for me every six months even though the
things I need to hear are different each time, and
I love that no matter how different peoples issues are,
the talks seem to be that way for everyone.
The only problem with watching general conference at home in
the comfort of a nice cushy couch in my PJs is that
my mind tends to wander like crazy if I don't have something
in my hands to do... or I just fall asleep, and either way,
I get nothing out of what is said.
And if I take notes, I miss 50% of what was said because while
I try to jot down one thought, I'm missing the next.
So... here's what I do:
COLOR!
(or do some simple little craft)
Obviously, I can't pick up a book and be reading, or writing an essay,
but if I do something that doesn't take much thought,
it keeps me focused and hear MUCH more than I ever would have.
It's funny because alot of times I end up having to explain this to people,
but when I was in school learning to be a teacher, I learned once
that lots of grade school teachers have their students color or draw
while listening to the teacher read aloud because it
really helps them keep focused.
Anyway, it was a really great weekend and fun to spend time
and play games and eat ice cream and such
with family.
No comments:
Post a Comment