So, when when I woke up Wednesday morning, I went to check on Lainee (because it seemed too late for her to still be asleep) and found that she had thrown up on her bed and then had fallen back to sleep. So I stripped her bedding and put it all in the wash (which I had just done the day before due to a leaky diaper, uggh).
So she had a nice bath and got into some nice clean clothes, and was acting pretty much normal so I didn't think she was actually sick until.... I picked her up out of the high chair after breakfast and.... SPLASH.... a whole strawberry yogurt comes right back up from the poor girl... and on to the carpet.... three different times/places in a matter of a few minutes. So not fun!
______________
So here's what she did all day.
Sat on the couch. Drank what ever water she could hold down (which wasn't much).
read books with Mom, and watched Mary Poppins.
This poor little munchkin threw up EIGHT times or more through out the day, the last one before bed being the biggest all over the kitchen and down Mom's legs. Needless to say, I went though alot of old rags, soap, and laundry detergent. She was acting pretty normal for feeling so yucky though. She's so tough.
__________________
The next morning I got to accompany Lainee to her very first gymnastics class!
I will blog about that later.
...and she was doing awesome until dinner Thursday night and one more sad splash on the high chair tray. More rags, more soap, another load of laundry, and one more bath. Anyway, today is friday and so far all her breakfast and lunch are staying down.
Hope I didn't ruin anyone's appetite with this story!
__________________
Overall this Mom thing is AWESOME, but I don't look forward to the many days like that in years ahead.
Katie I can't believe how big she is getting! Sheesh you are such an old lady :) she is a DOLL tho!!! hope she is still feelin better poor little girl.
ReplyDeleteps...i think we should be friends again. what do you think? it's been WAY too long since we have gotten together, or even just chatted :)
oh poor girl... I haven't had this happen with Grant yet, but thats so sad. Hope she's better!
ReplyDelete