She's here!!! Lainee Kate Blanchard was born August 5, 2010 at 10:48pm. She weighed 7 pounds and 9 ounces, and was 18 and 1/2 inches long.
Here's the story:
The summer was too hot and the mama (I) wasn't feeling so hott, so after a week or two of the Doctor telling me the baby would be here any day (and stripping the membrane twice to try to move it all along), I tried drinking some caster oil. I heard from everyone that it worked, but for me it just caused a false alarm and the nurses at the hospital sent me home because the the contractions weren't causing any more dilation. That was Tuesday.
By Thursday there were hardly contractions at all so I went to my normal check up at the Doctor's office and he tried again to move the process along. He said I would be in labor in a few hours. So, in a few hours, a lady at the hospital called and asked where I was because she said Doctor Watson thought I would be there by now, but nothing had started yet. They told me to go have him check again so I went and when he came in he just asked if I wanted him to break my water. Of course I said yes so Garen and I met him at the hospital at 5. My water was broken at 5:30, I was in labor for the next few hours, got an epidural that didn't work correctly, they took it out, redid it... When the doctor finally came back at 10:30 to see how far we had gotten, he was in the room for about 30 seconds before he said to me "Are you ready to deliver this baby?" as he and the nurse started pulling stuff out and getting ready... 10 or 15 minutes later THERE SHE WAS!!! Garen got to cut the cord. Yay!
It was the most painful thing I've done, and just as hard as we've all heard, but even more rewarding and awesome than anyone can even imagine, let alone put to words.
She and I got the green light to come home Saturday morning, and Sunday we even went to sacrament meeting in Rigby for Derrick's farewell talk. But after that we both needed alot of rest, so that's mostly what we've been doing this week and my wonderful mother has been here to help us out. She's a lifesaver. Garen and I are so excited and happy and Lainee really is the most beautiful girl in the whole wide world.
Thanks a ton to everyone who got us cool/cute gifts and who were so excited for us!
She is beautiful! Good work kids. :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!! She's a doll! Isn't being a mom the best?!
ReplyDeleteshe is gorgeous! congrats and way to go!
ReplyDelete