The kids and I got to go home to Moses Lake after Christmas and spend a week with my family. This is how it went- (photos at the end).
Saturday: Our flight left a day late but it did leave, and Jace threw up on the plane.
Sunday: church was pretty good. The kids went to nursery with Grandma and enjoyed themselves. I got to go to class with my siblings and my dad taught a great lesson... Lainee started throwing up that evening and threw up ALL night long.
Monday: Lainee still yucky but a little better, and we got to hang out at home with everybody and play on the ice for a bit.
Tuesday: New Year's Eve- made a trip to the store for some yummy drinks and food. Did some fun ice skating with the whole family, until Megan went inside not feeling well, and by that night, the whole house was sick sick sick. Lainee, Ariel, and I had some sparkling cider and popped some confetti at 9:00 with the east coast. The rest of the night was spent watching a Netflix show and taking care of the ill in their beds.
Wednesday: New Year's Day- everyone had been throwing up and/or had diarrhea at some point ALL night and morning so we laid around. Dad was the only one who didn't get it at all so he brought us all some saltines, Coke, and Ginger Ale. When mom was feeling a little better she made some homemade chicken noodle soup, and we had a slow day.
Thursday: everyone felt a lot better with the exceptions of just a few runs to the toilet. Garen's brother and his wife were driving through to Port Orchard and stopped by so we got to see him and his wife and daughter for a minute! Then the kids and I met up for lunch with some of my old friends who grew up together and it was refreshing to catch up a bit! I also got to see one of my best buds, Jill that evening! I'm so glad she came by. We forgot to take a picture :(
Friday: we had to say goodbye to Jordan and his wife, Ariel as they left for Rexburg. Then helped with some housework, and got to visit with both sets of my grandparents before leaving the state again.
The kids were okay on the way home until we landed, and Lainee threw the biggest, longest, craziest, naughtiest, screaming, kicking, bratty fit I have seen any kid throw ever... (Except maybe my brother, Parker at her age)... It lasted from the time she woke up on the plane until we got to passenger pickup, which, as you know can take a while and DID take a while. Who knows how a person her size could have had that much crazy bottled up at that time of night. BUT, I will say that it was a looong week of not feeling well and sleeping in a different bed, PLUS it was way past bedtime and she got woken up, PLUS she IS only three...... But still, UGH!
Anyway, we made it home and my house was sparkling clean because Garen loves me and knows what makes me happy. I missed him TONS and am glad to be home, even though I always miss my mom and daddy.
Normal... We'll be returning to you soon.
Snuggles.
This fireplace shelf is Jace's dream play spot.
Goodbye Moses Lake. Until we meet again.Sickies.
The lake in Mom and Dad's back yard during the summer.
Happy New Year!











No comments:
Post a Comment