Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Let's catch up!

So I feel like I've skipped a lot since I got this silly iPhone and Instagram is what keeps the family up to date. I'm going to try to just throw out some cool pics with summaries of what has happened in the last month or two.
I just want to say that this right here is better than any therapist. They are my sanity and my support and my besties. Love you all to pieces!

Oh hey! A couple months ago, Lainee finall jumped into the pool by herself. I wasn't sure it would ever happen. It was just like everything else she has ever learned- she watched and waited and watched and waited until she knew she would do it, and do it right. Anyway, YAY for the Lainee Girl.

A while ago the kids got to be part of a pediatrics lecture at Garen's school. Lainee thought it was the coolest thing EVER that she got to go to Dad's school.

One time we ate lunch at Pizza Hut with our buds.

Some of Garen's family (Chris, Kyly, &Baiden. Derrick. Kelsie) came to visit. We went shopping, disc golfing, watched movies, swimming, stayed up talking, took pictures, walked the strip. It was awesome and we miss them!

This one time... We tried to meet Garen and walk him home from school, but we weren't very smart cause a humongous storm came and tried to beat us up before we could get to him. I had to turn around and RUN home in the soaking-ness with the big old double  (not-jogger) stroller, and we took this picture in the mailbox shelter at our complex...

The Jace-man had a sick day. We all did actually. Just for a couple days and it was only one of those rotten little colds, but it wore the poor baby out. This is him trying to keep playing but not being able to. Sad day :(

Around the time school started, we also started up a group preschool that we moms take turns teaching. Lainee loves it and has lots of good friends who do it with her. 

Jace decided he was going to start training to be some kind of mountain climber some day. At 9 months old climbs to the top of the slide and then up all the stair to the top of the big toy like a crazy person who wants his mom to look funny chasing after him. 

We went and checked out the Ethel M Chocolate factory and it was pretty sweet. We even got some free, delicious chocolate. Mmm. Thanks for invite, Durrants!

Our stake had a fun run and we all did the 5k. Lainee did a lot of running for a munchkin. She's definitely not used to the heat like some of the other crazy 3-yr-olds we saw out there. It was pretty fun to try even though I usually say "fun run" is an oximoron. 

Lainee is still doing some Gymcats gymnastics through Parks and Rec, and this week her coach even asked when she will turn 4 because she does really good! (She still has almost a year. Oh well.) 

There was an evening once when I was meeting someone at the park, and was also watching Sophie while her mom was working, and naturally I don't have a triple stroller so they piled into our bike stroller. Yeah, I could have just made Lainee and Sophie walk but how much fun would that be compared to this?!









Yep. My kids are pretty cute!

We watched General Conference this last weekend, and this is our Sunday morning conference tradition. Apple streusel muffins and orange Julius! Mmm mm. 


We have been doing a lot better at having Family Home Evening on Monday nights with a little lesson, songs, treats, the whole kaboodle. (By the way, who remembers Kaboodles? Me!) This is our last FHE activity. We read a little story from the Friend magazine about a little girl who prayed to Heavenly Father to help her not be afraid of "Monsters in the Closet." And then we made these fun Halloween jars!

So my amazing photographer of a sister-in-law took our family pictures while they were in town last month and they turned out fantabulous! Thanks Kyly!!! Oh and it helps that I love these three so stinking much too. They are the loves of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment