BIG news!
Six weeks ago yesterday, Lainee got her ears pierced...
I know I know. She's pretty little and I always swore
my girls wouldn't have their ears pierced until they're
at least 8 or 10 years old but, this 2-year-old of mine was
always talking about how she wanted
holes in her ears like Mom's.
I kept telling her "when you're bigger" and
she kept telling me "I am bigger."
Needless to say she eventually talked me into it
(I know that makes me look like a huge push-over)
and really what is our reason for putting an age on it?
Just so she could clean them without help?
I didn't mind helping her clean them after helping her
make sure her teeth were brushed every morning and evening.
The day we had it done, she was back and forth
on whether she was really going to do it.
We had a serious discussion about how it would hurt,
and that she would have to let me help her keep them clean, etc.
The discussing and debating resulted in...
a teeny pair of sterling silver, aquamarine studs.
After the first one went in, she freaked out a little
and I had to hold her and explain that she would
only have one hole if we couldn't do the other,
so she took a second sucker from the lady
and let her finish piercing the second ear.
By the time her dad got home that evening,
the dramatic part was over and she was in love with them.
Anyway our six weeks is up!
So yesterday we got to go to the mall and pick out new earrings!
Her favorites were dragonflies so those were the first ones she had me put in.
She could not be more excited!
This morning while talking to herself in the bathroom mirror she said
"mama called the doctor and the monkeys said... MY EARRINGS!!!"
haha.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment