This is me.
I talk alot.
I have always talked alot.
Sometimes too much.
Sometimes I get talking and
I say things I'm thinking but
that aren't necessarily my opinion,
Or things that are my opinion but
come out sounding like something
totally different than what I really mean.
So sometimes I get home and realize
that I said something different than what I meant
or that I said something that
may have sounded wrong
to some particular person,
or forgot to say something I should have.
And I get really really ticked at myself
and I HATE it.
When I was single and lived with roommates
and was around people who hadn't known me most of my life
(for the first time in my life)
I started to realize how often a person can be misunderstood
when people maybe just don't know where you came from.
So then in some situations, I would shut down
and get nervous, and just not say anything,
worried I would say the wrong thing...
I don't really have a "most embarassing moment"
but I've recently realized it's because I am
usually more embarassed by things I say or don't say,
than by things I do.
aaanny way... whenever I used to be worried about
what I was wearing, or if I said something dumb,
or messed up in front of kids at school,
or if my hair looked funny one day,
the BEST MOTHER in the world
used to always remind me that
"the people who matter- don't care,
and the people who care- don't matter."

This is one way this quote helps me,
but there are MANY ways to apply it.
I AM LUCKY TO HAVE SO MANY PEOPLE
WHO DON'T CARE
if my hair isn't perfect
if my kid has a messy face
if I burn the biscuits
if I forget the paper plates
if I talk way too much and say something dumb
if I'm not perfect.
(I wish I could post a picture of every
single one of you but there would be too many.)
(I wish I could post a picture of every
single one of you but there would be too many.)
I hope that I can be someone who matters
to all those people too.

I read this http://mylifeandkids.com/2012/01/five-ways-to-be-a-great-friend/ right before I read your blog post & it totally relates. :) It's normal to not be perfect and I too am thankful for people in my life who love me even when I am not perfect (which is all the time). Also, I must say that I am very excited for you to have another baby. Lainee is adorable!
ReplyDeleteAwe. Katie, I really liked reading this post! And is that your mom holding you up there? She looks so young for having you! :)
ReplyDeleteI loved this post Katie! I come home "kicking" myself all the time. I love that quote...thank you for sharing!!
ReplyDeletealso congrats on expecting!!! we will have twin cousins, although can we have the girl this time and you have the boy?! maddax really wants a little sister:)
Wait, are you expecting too Ashley? That makes 3 December Hill babies! We're due the 6th
Delete