Saturday, February 25, 2012

ConVErSaTioNS WiTh a ToDDleR

{This is one of those posts that is mostly for me
to look back on later and remember my cute kid,
but maybe someone else will enjoy it too so
go ahead and read if you desire.}

So sometimes I'm a horrible mother and
I don't always stay in the bathroom
the whole time my 18-month-old takes her bath.

Today I left her in there for several minutes
and came back in to find an ocean of water outside the tub
which Lainee had created by "DUMP it" her water from a cup.

Me: "Lainee, oh no!"
Lainee: "oohhh noooo!"
(as she peeks over the side like she had no idea)

Me: "We don't dump water on the floor...
Only in the tub."
Lainee: "Just wipe it... wipe it. Okay, just wipe it."

Me: "Should we give you a spankin'?"
Lainee: "Nooo. No."
(Shaking her head and sinking back into the water)

Don't worry. She didn't really get a spanking. I just wanted to make her nervous so maybe she won't do this next time.

You can't really see how wet it was just by looking at this picture but trust me it was WET! When I picked up the rug, I swear a waterfall came off it.

**************

Apparently the words "Doctor" and "helicopter" sound the same,
because last week I asked Lainee if she was ready to go to the doctor
(for her  18-month check up), and she said:

"okay. Where's it? Get it! There'd is. Tocter! Daddy's Tocter." 


***************

Me: "What happened to your bear's nose?"
Garen: "Oh she dropped it and the nose came off and I never found it."
Lainee: "Oh no! bwoke it a nose!"
Me: "Can I fix it?"
(So I got a perminent marker and colored it on)
Lainee: "I fixth it. A bwow a nose. A bear's nose."
(goes in the bathroom and gets a square of toilet paper,
holds it to the bear's nose)
"bwow a nose. fixth it. Better! bwow a nose."


[These conversations have been translated to english
and were much better in baby lisp form but you get the idea.]

No comments:

Post a Comment