Wednesday, January 25, 2012

GYMNASTICS ~ A PASSION

...well it's mine anyway, and a mother can hope, right?

Here's our little gymnast.
GK leo and shorts just like Mom's.
Hair tied back just like Mom's.
Ready to go!

Lainee LOVES the bars, beam, floor, and of course the tumble-tracks tramp and the pit!
To teach the little ones to stick and present when they finish a skill, we say "freeze, tada!" and Lainee's tada sounds like "dala!"

These are the gymnastics terms she can say and/or do:
Tuck
Pike
Straddle
V-sit
Candlestick
Bear walk
Roll
Handstand
Arms up
Swing
Bars
Freeze, Tada
Jump
...and maybe a few more...

PS I'm going to brag like crazy for a second here:
 Lainee talks like a pro and isn't even 18 months old yet!
She knows any word she could ever need to communicate at her age, even some FULL SENTENCES!

I know I'm just like everyone else, because we each think our kid is the smartest, but I'm really proud of her and we haven't met many people in the last month who haven't commented on how much and how well she speaks for her age.

Done bragging!
I love this kiddo.


2 comments:

  1. haha! how could you not?! she is a freaking doll genius cutie patootie!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOw cute!!! I am still counting down until I put on her first dance class. She is dejnotely going to be too tall to be a gymnast, but she will take classes anyway!

    ReplyDelete