Friday, December 2, 2011

Potty Training

I know, I know... "already?"

...But seriously? Why not?

Maybe a few of you can relate to this blog of mine or are at least interested enough to read on about

Reasons I think she's NOT too young:

*People way back before disposable diapers potty trained their kids before they ever turned a year old!
*Not to mention the fact that those very same disposable diapers are the reason I run out of grocery money every month,
*and it's disgusting when kids get to be 3 or 4, are eating all the same things adults do, and STILL have it coming out in their diapers for every one else to smell...
*Lainee knows when she needs to go and even tells us before hand most of the time.

So.............

I bought one of these "Cushie Tushies"
so she can sit on the toilet without falling in.
(she loves the ducks, by the way)


We also invested in a package of these

toddler panties. Hanes had the smallest sizes and there were no training pants.
(the ones we got are cuter but you get the idea)


I also thought these would be helpful

but she treats it just like a diaper and apparently they are not a very successful potty training tool,
so we'll keep them for night time and car rides.


Now here we are.

Today I made a chart and we checked every hour to see whether our little darling was dry, wet, or messy. This was helpful.
We sat her on the toilet every half hour or so just to try, but so far, nada.

She's getting the hang of it though and is starting to understand what we're doing here.

Tomorrow No more dang diapers or Slip-Ons. Just plain old panties (I've been reading up and it sounds like the best is to be naked or just undies for the first day or few days).
I will stay home all day right by her side and help her make it to the toilet, as well as clean up her accidents.


 We are trying to make it an exciting thing for Lainee and hopefully it works or at least gets the process started.


1 comment:

  1. I totally don't think you are crazy for trying. I have thought a lot about it for Grant too, but everyone says boys are way harder.... but I still might do it in the near-er future. He totally can make himself pee right now. When he has his diaper off, I will hold it over him and say "don't pee on mommy", he then thinks it is hilarious to try and pee on me and he can totally make himself go on command when I do that , so it seems like potty training would be somewhat the same idea. Good luck and keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete