Saturday, March 5, 2011

pneumonia. don't get it.

As I was typing my last post, little did I know that my poor baby girl was in her crib burning up and running low on oxygen. She was sleeping good so I thought maybe her body was working to get better and would make it until her doctor appointment at 2. Eventually I realized she was still refusing to eat anything and that she couldn't breath well. I took her in early.
The nurse measured her weight and height like always, then took her temperature and she had a 101.2 degree fever. She measured her oxygen and it was way too low so she tried it again and again thinking it couldn't be right.
Eventually Doctor Watson came in, looked her her ears and nose, watched her breath, and said "well... she needs to go to the hospital." I started crying on the spot and as I got her back in the carseat I heard him call the hospital and tell them she'd be there in 3 minutes. I was. And it was crap crap crappy from there.

We took these pictures while she was all happy and wierd from morphene. (It was supposed to make her sleep so her heart rate would go down).

She was supposedly going to be better by morning but...

We were there all night, all day, and another night.

She screamed and cried all night and it got worse everytime she saw anybody who wasn't me or her dad. She thought everyone would poke her or tape something on her or make her drink something.

She finally started eating and drinking normally so she didn't need the IV so much, and she didn't need so much oxygen from the machine to help her breath.

This morning she woke up happy, ate like a pig, and can breath alright on her own. We are home now but she has two antibiotics, some steroid, tylenol, benadryl, a nebulizer full of stuff to be taking all week because she's still not ALL better. But we are soo grateful for her and glad to be home.
Thanks to everyone who offered help and said prayers for her!

6 comments:

  1. sad! poor little girl, hope she feels better soon! she sure is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What in the world?! That sad pic of her makes me want to cry myself! I hope she gets better SOON!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear you're all home and hopefully on the mend! It's sooo scary when those little ones get sick!! I've always said, "Do whatever you want to me but don't mess with my babies!!" Same goes when they're sick. I think I hurt just as much! We need some good, warm weather so we can open all the windows and air things out and get rid of all these sick germs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am so sorry! What a traumatizing experience. Your little thing is such a trooper! I am glad she is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad news! She looks so adorable even when she is sicky sick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is soooooo scary! I am glad she's at home now.

    ReplyDelete