Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Mockingjay Review

We finally got the stinking book! Well we got it a while ago. I had been waiting for it, almost dying with out it and then it came in the mail while I was home in Washington with Lainee. So Garen, who stayed here to work, read it all before I ever got back. Oh well at least then he was done so I didn't have to take turns.

Anyway, the book was amazing but left me somewhat disappointed for some reason I can't put my finger on. It seemed like it just ended, and skipped over the things I was waiting for throughout all three books. There was nothing about the way it ended that I disliked. I was just waiting for some description of happiness that freedom and love bring to the main character, but instead was given the reality of what happens to people who are in wars and who witness traumatic things. But I guess the whole point of the series was that the greatest good would be justice, freedom, and happiness for everybody, so it's all good. : )

But still LOVE the series as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment